Heathcote Health is a public hospital funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and the Commonwealth Department of Social Services. The service operates under the provisions of the Victorian Health Services Act 1988. Heathcote Hospital was established in 1859. In 1994 Heathcote Hospital, McIvor Shire Council’s Home and Community Care and the McIvor Community House amalgamated to form McIvor Health & Community Services. The health service changed its name to Heathcote Health in March 2010.